The latest Heroes of the Storm update sees a brand-new Warrior Hero charge into the Nexus— Overwatch’s D.Va has joined the fight!
World champion professional gamer and burgeoning global icon Hana Song, also known as D.Va, battles to protect her homeland as a member of South Korea’s elite MEKA unit. Her skills include:
- Mech Mode / Pilot Mode — D.Va pilots her MEKA in battle; when her Mech is destroyed, she’s ejected and can continue to fight on foot in Pilot Mode
- Call Mech — Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode; each Basic Attack in Pilot Mode lowers this skill cooldown
- Defense Matrix — While in Mech Mode, channel a defensive field in the target direction, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it
- Self-Destruct — Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct and causing it to deal medium to massive damage in a large area
D.Va joins the Heroes roster on May 17. Check out the Hanamura Showdown to see her in action:
Watch D.Va in her Hero Spotlight:
You can also view the attached fact sheet for details, and download assets from the Blizzard Press Center.
|New Hero: D.Va|
Overview: Hana Song, also known as “D.Va,” is both a world champion professional gamer and a burgeoning global icon. As a member of South Korea’s elite MEKA unit, she fights to protect her homeland from the colossal omnic threat lurking within the East China Sea.
- Mech Mode
- When D.Va’s Mech is destroyed, she is ejected after 0.75 seconds and can continue to fight in Pilot Mode. Destroying D.Va’s Mech only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP.
- Pilot Mode
- Each Basic Attack reduces the cooldown of Call Mech by 0.5 seconds. As a Pilot, D.Va only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP upon death.
- While in Mech Mode, D.Va can shoot while moving, but her Movement Speed is reduced by 15%. While in Pilot Mode, D.Va can use Mounts.
- Boosters (Q)
- Increases D.Va’s movements speed by 125% for 2 seconds. Enemies that are hit take damage and are knocked away.
- D.Va cannot be Slowed while Boosters are active.
- Defense Matrix (W)
- Channel a defensive field in the target direction for 3 seconds, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it by 75%. The Mech can move while channeling, but cannot turn.
- Damage dealt to the Mech by enemies within Defense Matrix still grants the same amount of Self-Destruct Charge.
- Self-Destruct (E)
- Requires Mech Mode.
- Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct after 4 seconds. Deals medium to massive damage in a large area, depending on distance from the center of the blast. Deals 50% damage against Structures.
- Gain 1% Charge for every 2 seconds spent using Basic Attacks, and 30% Charge per 100% of Mech Health lost.
- Call Mech (E)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode. 45 second cooldown. While in Pilot Mode, each Basic Attack lowers this cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- Bunny Hop ®
- Requires Mech Mode.
- D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable and stomps every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage and Slowing enemies by 40%. Lasts 4 seconds.
- Big Shot ®
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Deal damage to all enemies in a line. Call Mech’s cooldown is reduced by 8 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.
|Hero Level (Tier)||Talent||Description|
|1||[Q] Rush-down||If D.Va takes nor deals no damage during Boosters, lower the cooldown by 5 seconds.|
|1||[Q] Crash Course||Quest: Damage 25 enemy Heroes with Boosters. Reward: Damaging enemy Heroes with Boosters lowers the cooldown by 1 second per Hero hit.|
|1||[Q] Hit The Nitrous||Initial speed of Boosters increased to 475%, then decays to normal speed over 0.5 seconds. During this time Boosters deals 100% bonus damage.|
|1||[Trait] Pro Moves||D.Va’s Mech gains 2% Movement Speed for 1 second every time she takes damage, up to 30%.|
|4||[W] Diverting Power||The area of Defense Matrix is 100% wider and 25% longer, but D.Va is rooted for the duration.|
|4||[W] Get through This!||Increase the duration of Defense Matrix by additional 3 seconds.|
|4||[E] Bring It On||Slef-Destruct’s Charge amount gained from losing Mech Health increased by 30%.|
|4||[W] Fusion Generator||Every time an enemy Hero deals damage while inside Defense Matrix, D.Va’s Self-Destruct Charge increased by 1% (Max 15).|
|7||[Q] Coming Through||Increase the knockback distance by 100%.|
|7||[W] Dazer Zone||Enemy Heroes affected by Defense Matrix are Slowed by 20%.|
|7||[E] Nuclear Option||Increase the delay before Self-Destruct explodes by 3 seconds. Detonation damage increased by 50%.|
|7||[W] Aggression Matrix||Basic Attacks in Mech Mode against Heroes lowers the cooldown of Defense Matrix by 0.25 seconds.|
|10||[R1] Bunny Hop||D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable, and you deal X damage per second and slow nearby enemies by 60% for 4 seconds.|
|10||[R2] Big Shot||Deal x damage in a line to all enemies. Lower the cooldown of Call Mech by 5 seconds for each enemy hero hit.|
|13||[Trait] Emergency Shielding||When D.Va’s Mech would be destroyed, instead gain an X point shield for 6 seconds. This has a 15 second cooldown.|
|13||[Trait] Ablative Armor||Damage against D.Va’s Mech that would deal 5% or less of your max health are reduced by 50%.|
|13||[Trait] Expensive Plating||Increase Mech health by 20%, but increase the cooldown of Call Mech by 15 seconds.|
|16||[E] GG, WP||Increase Pilot Mode Basic Attack damage by 75%. Participating in a Takedown while in Pilot Mode instantly refreshes the cooldown of Call Mech.|
|16||[Trait] Nanoweave Suit||For 4 seconds after ejecting from her Mech, D.Va gains 50 Armor and her Basic Attacks grant 50% more cooldown reduction for Call Mech.|
|16||[Trait] Suppressing Fire||Pilot Mode Basic Attacks have 20% increased range and Slow enemy Movement Speed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.|
|16||[Q] Torpedo Dash||D.Va gains the Torpedo Dash ability, allowing her to dash forward and pass through enemies. Requires Pilot Mode.|
|20||[R1] Stop and Pop||Bunny Hop deals 150% more damage if D.Va isn’t moving at the moment of impact.|
|20||[R2] Pew! Pew! Pew!||Instead of a single shot, Big Shot fires 3 shots over 0.5 seconds. Each shot deals 50% reduced damage.|
|20||[E] MEKAfall||Call Mech is instant and can target a location. Upon landing, the Mech deals x damage to enemies in the impact area.|
|20||[W] Concussive Pulse||D.Va gains the Concussive Pulse ability, allowing her to deal x damage to enemies in a cone and knock them back. Requires Pilot Mode.|