The release of the latest and, by far, most sophisticated space simulation in the vaunted X Series of games from EGOSOFT, X4: Foundations, is available on Steam and GOG.com or the Egosoft store price of £39.99 or £65.99 for the collectors’ edition which comes with
- The X Universe Digital Artbook 2018: Enjoy the concept art behind the X universe.
- X Novel: Nopileos by Helge Kautz as English and German eBook.
- Digital Soundtrack: Download the music, including exclusive versions of the trailer and teaser music in the highest possible quality.
- Access to the first two expansions for X4: Foundations. The First expansion is planned to be released in 2019 and the second will be released at a yet undisclosed date.
A space simulation played as an action game from the 1st person in a living breathing universe, X4: Foundations delivers the franchise’s most sophisticated universe simulation ever. Players will manage an empire while exploring space in first person. They can FLY EVERY SHIP, TRADE and FIGHT to BUILD their empire with modular station construction and think carefully when embarking on an epic journey.
The game is completely realistically simulated and the economy can go through massive changes. No two universes in different player save games will be anything alike after just a few hours of playtime. NPC factions are now able to freely decide what factories and ships to build, and it is all eventually consumed in the ultimate big economy drain: WAR.
It is this realistic simulation at the core which makes all player experiences in that universe so much more authentic. Every action has the potential to influence something else, something bigger. Things do not just happen because of the player, but because they are a part of this real simulation. For instance, when a ship is destroyed, it won’t deliver its goods to a factory, causing prices to increase.
- Spaceflight sandbox: Acquire ships and upgrade their systems or create fleets of hundreds. From small scouts to massive capital ships. Fly them all from cockpit or bridge and remote command with a powerful map.
- Research: Research new technologies like teleportation, blueprints for station and ship construction and much more
- Build: Full creativity with station construction. Station and factory modules can be freely connected to form ever-growing economic or military installations.
- Explore: A massive universe awaits sheer endless opportunities for exploration. Find resources for mining and crafting, to acquire rare technologies. Explore ancient installations.
- Sandbox game starts: Start into X4 from a variety of angles. Represent different factions, ships, and technologies. Every start offers a new view at the universe, but all allow you to unlock everything.
- Dynamic universe: Factions build and expand stations dynamically and react to the economy and military threats. Every game can take a new and unexpected turn for the entire universe.
- Complex Economy: Trade with a single ship or rise to become an empire manager competing with entire civilizations. A fully simulated and dynamic economy reacts to changes on every level.
EGOSOFT has been developing the X game series for more than 20 years:
1999: X Beyond the Frontier
2003: X2: The Threat
2005: X3: Reunion
2008: X3: Terran Conflict
2009: X3: Albion Prelude
2013: X Rebirth
2018: X4: Foundations
X games are space simulations played as action games from 1st person in a living breathing universe. TRADE FIGHT BUILD THINK is the common headline above all X games. Where the X games are unique is in their depth when it comes to simulating an entire universe of NPC ships and stations including a realistic economy.
X games simulate a huge real “bottom up” universe. Hundreds of stations and thousands of ships, trade goods between each other. Prices change based on supply and demand. Resources are mined, refined into metals transported to higher level factories with workers that consume food and produce even higher level goods. All ultimately leading to tech products at the top.